1. Find out about concept, inspired to try a new festival.
2. Contact SFA staff for 1 – 3 initial conversations. Contact 1 – 3 SFA members for initial conversations (one each). Examine publicly available SFA resources. 3. Initial considerations of collaborators, institutional backing, finances, and scope. 4. Decision to launch a science festival initiative, based upon existing commitment of institutional backing and core collaborator support.
5. Apply for SFA membership.
6. Foundational planning stage:
7. Formative planning stage:
8. Public launch announcing dates of first festival celebration. Work your tail off until it’s a smashing success.
EvalFest is funded by the National Science Foundation, Award #1423004 and administered by Morehead Planetarium and Science Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Principal Investigators: Todd Boyette, Morehead Planetarium and Science Center; Karen Peterman, Karen Peterman Consulting; Katherine Nielsen, UCSF Science and Health Education Partnership